THE DAVIS ISLANDS NEWSLETTER
Welcome to the June issue of The Islands View newsletter.
- Stop your mail and newspaper or ask a neighbor to collect for you
- Park your car inside your garage
- Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway occasionally
- Keep at least one inside light on a timer
- Install motion-activated flood lights outside
- Keep lawn trim
- Unplug small appliances and electronic devices (saves energy)
- Put water heater in “vacation” mode or turn off
- Turn off water valves to dishwasher, washing machine and sinks
- Set thermostat higher than usually to save energy
- Make sure smoke detectors work
- Notify home security company you will be away
- Leave emergency contact number with a neighbor
Are you still trying to figure out great activities for your son or daughter to participate in this summer? Why not register them for a week of Youth Sailing at the Davis Islands Yacht Club. For the past two years my son Sebastian has participated in this program and it was great, so much so that we registered for him to do it again. It was an excellent opportunity for him to learn the basics and just get more comfortable on the water. You can register and find out more at DIYC Youth Sailing. FYI, you do NOT need to be a member of DIYC to participate.
Summer Solstice Swim
Get in the Independence Day spirit and join Islands residence as they host the first Annual 4th of July Decorated Bike and Golf Cart Parade. You must RSVP for this event by June 30th to email@example.com with the following information. Name, whether bike or golf cart and how many people in your group.
Book of the Month
If you are new to Davis Islands this month I encourage you to download our updated New Resident Packet. This will give you great information on the Islands History, Islands Business Directory and Common Contact numbers for our great amenities.
Are you interested in staying updated on Islands activity, events and safety? Then I encourage you join over 2,313 islands residents at Nextdoor.com. Register for free @ Nextdoor.com/DavisIslands Also if you are already a member please invite one other person and remember this is just for Davis Islands residents.
DAVIS ISLANDS LAND DEVELOPMENT & ZONING ACTIVITY
We thought it would be helpful to keep residents updated on requests made to the City of Tampa for zoning, variance or design changes for properties on the Islands. Each month the City of Tampa publishes these filings for all City of Tampa residents, it is called the C.A.R.E. S Newsletter. Details on the filings can be found by logging into the City of Tampa Online Portal This months requests are as follows: